Volunteer and/or Donate:
- If you operate an Airbnb in Dallas, Austin, or San Antonio you can offer your space for free.
- Austin Pets Alive needs help fostering transferred animals. See list of their current needs for volunteers and items to be donated here: APA Hurricane Harvey. And you can donate directly to their Amazon Wishlist.
- Counter Balance ATX (non-profit org. dedicated to improving the quality of life for impoverished women) is seeking volunteers to help research, identify, and confirm places that are acting as shelters for evacuees.
- Austin Disaster Relief Network: The Hope Family Thrift Store at 1122 E 51st Street will be receiving donations. See this list for needed items.
- Make a welcome kit
- Make a flood bucket – Drop off at First UMC before Sept. 24
- Leander Police are collecting socks & more – please give by Thursday night
- We Are Blood – Donate blood at Austin’s local blood bank
LGTBQ donors should refer to Red Cross policy about eligibility to donate blood.
- Amazon & Whole Foods are matching donations to the Red Cross.
They have also created this Amazon Wish List for the Red Cross, so you can purchase goods for the recovery efforts.
- uShip is partnering with Austin-area companies to collect donations. They are opening their office to serve as a collection center. Donations will be accepted through the end of this week, shipping out this weekend.
- Lyft’s Harvey Relief Supply Drive: Thursday, 8/31 at EastSide Tavern
(open to all, not just drivers, despite the site’s text)
- Central Texas Food Bank
- Austin Diaper Bank has physical drop off locations and is giving supplies to The Texas Diaper Bank
- Art Supply Drive benefiting families in Houston shelters
- Austin Justice Coalition – Donation drop-offs and pick-ups
- United Way of Texas – link to United Way pages across the state who are accepting donations.
- Capital Factory is hosting a blood drive on Friday: sign up here. Capital Factory is also offering co-working space to entrepreneurs displaced by the storm.
- UT Student Emergency Fund – helps students affected by Harvey with school-related expenses
- Junior League of Austin – accepting home clean out supplies and high need items
- Mobile Loaves and Fishes – donate
- VFW Post 8787 is taking donations and facilitating transport.
Local Austin Business Support:
- Industrious – offering free coworking spaces to those displaced by Harvey
- List of Austin businesses & restaurants with Harvey-related donation promotions
- Austin restaurants and bars offering donation promotions
- Impact Hub Austin – coworking space for those displaced by Harvey so they can keep working while they figure out what’s next
Click here for volunteer and donation opportunities outside of Austin.
Click here for information on resources available to those affected by Hurricane Harvey.